Sunday 8 April 2012

April books


I love anything written by Stephen King, I have this currently on my Kindle awaiting to be read. Lets see what Waterstones describes it as....

There are so many books that i have loaded on my kindle ready to read this April, I get so impatient when I'm reading a book when i know there are loads of others i want to read, I'm sure i am not the only person who gets like this, right?

A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire 1A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
I feel like I'm a little late on the bandwagon on wanting to read this, it was Published in 1996 and ever since then has developed a huge fan base, it became so popular it was developed into a TV series. If you don't already know what its about Waterstones gives a pretty good description:
 Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun. As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must ! and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty. The old gods have no power in the south, Stark's family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, the vengeance-mad heir of the deposed Dragon King has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities. He claims the Iron Throne.
I have not read a fantasy novel in quite a while, so I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this when i finish reading Solar by Iam McEwan. I also am looking forward to reading this book because loads of my friends keep going on about the TV series and i feel like I'm missing out!

Me Before YouMe Before You by Jojo Moyes
 My mother send me a rather excited email about this book, its not a book I normally go for as according to the blurb its about a girl called Lou Clark who has her simple life but does not love her boyfriends, whilst a guy called Will Trayner decides he no longer wants to live after his motorcycling accident. Of course you know whats going to happen, they 'find' and 'save' each other. I have read so many books loosely based on this plot of saving those who are lost in life that i don't really know how this is going to rise above it all.
However i will borrow my mothers copy and hope that I'm mistaken and this book is simply amazing.




11.22.6311.22.63 by Stephen King
WHAT IF you could go back in time and change the course of history? WHAT IF the watershed moment you could change was the JFK assassination? 11/22/63, the date that Kennedy was shot - unless ...King takes his protagonist Jake Epping, a high school English teacher from Lisbon Falls, Maine, 2011, on a fascinating journey back to 1958 - from a world of mobile phones and iPods to a new world of Elvis and JFK, of Plymouth Fury cars and Lindy Hopping, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake's life - a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time.With extraordinary imaginative power, King weaves the social, political and popular culture of his baby-boom American generation into a devastating exercise in escalating suspense.
Sound good, yeah?  I think it will be pretty interesting and insightful as to how both eras are represented, i love books that are based in the past, I just know this is going to live up to my expectation of best book of the year.

Are there any books you are looking forward to reading this April? Have you read any of these, did you like them (no spoilers please!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment