Friday 27 January 2012

Birdsong & a review!

I have finally got my mitts on Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks! My mother had bought the book a few months ago and was raving about how good it is, however it took me ages to find the book because she put it in storage whilst i was at university (im back for the weekend) in the garage with all the other hundreds of books we have!

Im going to start reading this tonight and i am soooo excited!!





Review: Tripwire by Lee Child: 4/5
I am working my way through the Jack Reacher books and since there are 16 books in the series (so far) then you know that this whole year is probably going to be dedicated to me getting through them all!
So Tripwire is the 3rd book in the series, Reacher is living in Key West without much happening, then a stranger comes to find him...who ends up dead. Reacher then tracks this stranger back to New York where he finds an old flame and an mother and father who's son was lost in Vietnam and lots of cover-ups and story lines overlapping. My kind of book :)

I didn't really like this book compared to the previous two i have read, i think it was because there are soooo many characters in the book over two plots which admittedly do come together in the end and makes sense. But at the start i was thinking 'oh no this is going to so confusing' which is probably why i didn't get along with it.
The characters are believable and varied, and I love reading about all the technicalities and detailed information that Reacher knows about guns and winning fights.

Sometimes books i personally believe do not go into the right amount of detail, and just relie on the storyline, Lee Child does not do this. He gets into the details which helps the reader get a better picture of what is going on, and which is why i am giving this book a 4/5; its loosing 1 point because of the confusion of all the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment