Saturday 9 July 2011

Welcome

Firstly let me welcome you to my new blog; It's Called A Book!

Its going to be my place to write book reviews, write about new authors I have stumbled across, write about news in the world of books and above all just write my own opinions about books in general.

I am currently reading The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes (RRP £7.99), I am halfway through it on my kindle and its such a lovely story line so far. Its centred round tennants living at 66 Star Street (I want to live on Star Street <3) and their life stories, relationships with parents, flatmates, significant other, etc. Our narrator i personally at this moment think is either a fly or a ghost? The first chapter i was thinking why is a fly telling this story? And why are the chapters called 'Day 61...' then the next chapter is 'Day 60' so obviously something big is going to happen to these residents when it reaches Day 0? Well i'm hoping!

Currently im on Day 36 and 53% the way through it according to my Kindle and already so much has happened, I am very much looking forward to snuggling up later and reading it until late at night and i HAVE TO go to sleep, its very unputdownable!

Also does anyone know how to see what actual page your on when reading a book on a kindle rather than the % through. I hate when people ask me what page i'm on and i have to reply with a percentage instead of a page number!

Waterstones currently have an offer in store where you buy 2 and get the cheapest free, obviously i took advantage of this offer about bought some books I liked the sound of;
  • The Confession by Nick Grisham
  • Full Dark, No stars by Stephen King
  • The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson
They all sound really interesting reads, and would you believe that they are the first books i have bought this year because i tend to read books on my kindle now, so i never have actual books. Crazy right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment